The Maine Junior Classical League will be holding its Spring Convention at Camp Mechuwana on May 16-17, 2017. This is a Tuesday and Wednesday. The spring convention packet can be downloaded at this link. A few reminders:
- Your totals and names/levels are due to Ben by Wednesday, May 10. Please be sure to break down your delegation into boys and girls when reporting so we can figure out housing arrangements.
- You MUST have your students get the Maine JCL permission slip signed (page 8 of the packet). These have to be submitted to the state chairs when you arrive at the convention.
- We are looking for state officer candidates for next year! Please ask your delegation if anyone wants to run for office. Candidate forms are due to the State Chairs before GA I on Tuesday, and your candidate MUST be in attendance for the all of the convention.
- We are adding additional competitions to the chariot (more races, including relays) as well as an accuracy competition for the catapult.
- The convention fee has remained the same at $50 per student (adults do not need to pay). We are pretty sure this will be the same price for a few more years.
- Please be sure to read through the entire packet before you arrive.
- The roll call and day 2 spirit theme is Superheroes and Villains. On day 1 for the first general assembly, go back to the past and pick your favorite Roman Hero and Heroine.
- Please contact Meg Cook if you have any special food requests.
If you would like more information about JCL, please contact the Maine JCL State Chairs, Seth Knowles, Ben Johnson, and Meg Cook.