The Maine Junior Classical League will be holding its Spring Convention at Camp Mechuwana on May 17-18. This is a Tuesday and Wednesday, which is a bit of a departure from what we’ve done the past several years. The spring convention packet can be downloaded at this link. A few reminders:
- Your totals and names/levels are due to Ben by Wednesday, May 11. Please be sure to break down your delegation into boys and girls when reporting so we can figure out housing arrangements.
- You MUST have your students get the Maine JCL permission slip signed (page 8 of the packet). These have to be submitted to the state chairs when you arrive at the convention.
- We are looking for state officer candidates for next year! Please ask your delegation if anyone wants to run for office. Candidate forms are due to the State Chairs before GA I on Tuesday, and your candidate MUST be in attendance for the all of the convention.
- The convention fee has remained the same at $50 per student (adults do not need to pay). We are pretty sure this will be the same price for a few more years.
- Please be sure to read through the entire packet before you arrive.
- The roll call and day 2 spirit theme is Carnival: The Fun Has Just Begun. On day 1 for the first general assembly, have your JCL wear their best Maine gear for Maine-ly JCL day.
- The food at the convention will be peanut-free, and there will be gluten free options available for students.
If you would like more information about JCL, please contact the Maine JCL State Chairs, Seth Knowles, Ben Johnson, and Meg Cook.